Dr Natalia Berloff
- 2008-present Reader in Mathematical Physics, DAMTP, University of Cambridge
- 2005-2008 Senior Lecturer, DAMTP, University of Cambridge
- 2002-2005 University Lecturer, DAMTP, University of Cambridge
- 2002-present Fellow of Jesus College, Cambridge
- 1999-2002 PIC Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, University of California in Los Angeles
- 1997-1999 UC President's Research Fellow, Department of Mathematics, University of California in Los Angeles
Natalia Berloff leads the Quantum Fluids Group. She is an applied mathematician with a range of research interests which focus on nonlinear waves, superfluidity, quantum fluids, Bose-Einstein condensates, superfluid turbulence.
- H. Salman and N.G.Berloff "Condensation of classical nonlinear waves in a two-component system,'' Physica D, Special issue on quantum gasses, 2008.
- N.G.Berloff "Vortex Splitting in Subcritical Nonlinear Schrodinger Equations," Journal of Fluid Dynamics Research, Special issue on vortex rings, 2008.
- J. Keeling and N. G. Berloff ''Spontaneous Rotating Vortex Lattices in a Pumped Decaying Condensate,'' Physical Review Letters 100, 250401, 2008.
- P. Mason and N.G. Berloff "Motion of Quantum Vortices on Inhomogeneous Backgrounds," Phys Rev A, 77 , 032107, 2008.
- N. G. Berloff and A. J. Youd ''Dissipative dynamics of superfluid vortices at non-zero temperatures,'' Physical Review Letters, 99, 145301, 2007.
- P. Mason, N. G. Berloff and A. L. Fetter ''Motion of a vortex line near the boundary of a semi-infinite uniform condensate,'' Physical Reviews A, 74 , 043611, 2006.
- N. G. Berloff and C. Yin ''Turbulence And Coherent Structures in Two-Component Bose Condensates,'' Journal of Low Temperature Physics, 145 , 187-207, 2006.
- N.G. Berloff ''Solitary wave complexes in two-component mixture condensates,'' Physical Review Letters, 94 , 120401, 2005.
- N.G. Berloff ''Solitary waves on vortex lines in Ginzburg-Landau models,'' Physical Review Letters, 94 , 010403, 2005.
- N.G. Berloff and P.H. Roberts ''Motions in a Bose condensate: X. New results on stability of axisymmetric solitary waves of the Gross-Pitaevskii equation,'' Journal of Physics A: Mathematics and General, 37, 11333, 2004.
- N.G. Berloff ''Interactions of vortices with rarefaction solitary waves in a condensate and their role in the decay of superfluid turbulence,'' Phys. Rev A, 69, 053601, 2004.
- N.G. Berloff and C.F.Barenghi ``Vortex nucleation by collapsing bubbles in Bose-Einstein condensates,'' Physical Review Letters, 93 , 090401, 2004.
- N.G. Berloff `` Pade approximations of solitary wave solutions of the Gross-Pitaevskii equation, '' Journal of Physics A: Mathematics and General, 37(5), 1617 - 1632, 2004.