Dr Aleksey Cherman
- 2010-date: Postdoc, DAMTP
- 2006-2010: Graduate student, University of Maryland, College Park
Aleksey is a member of the Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics HEP research group. His current research interests include various formal and phenomenological aspects of large N gauge theories, for instance including baryon phenomenology in large N QCD and large N orbifold equivalences connecting various gauge theories. Some other recent research directions have involved the properties of nuclear matter at high densities, as well as the exploration of some novel spin-1 Bose-Einstein condensates.
- Aleksey Cherman, Masanori Hanada, and Daniel Robles-Llana, "Orbifold equivalence and the sign problem at finite baryon density", arXiv:1009.1623 .
- Paulo F. Bedaque, Michael I. Buchoff, and Aleksey Cherman, "The phases of deuterium at extreme densities." arXiv:1007.1972
- Aleksey Cherman and Abhinav Nellore, "Universal relations of transport coefficients from holography.", Phys.Rev.D80:066006 (2009), arXiv:0905.2969
- Aleksey Cherman, Thomas D. Cohen, and Abhinav Nellore, "A bound on the speed of sound from holography", Phys.Rev.D80:066003 (2009) arXiv:0905.0903