Dr A. Shadrin
- 2000-present: University Lecturer, DAMTP, University of Cambridge
- 1997-2000: Research Assistant, RWTH Aachen, Germany
- 1995-1997: Alexander von Humboldt Fellow, University of Bonn, Germany
- 1986-1995: Research Scientist, Novosibirsk Computing Center, Russia
Alexei Shadrin is a Lecturer at DAMTP and a member of the Numerical Analysis and Computational Mathematics Group therein. His area of interests lies within Approximation Theory and includes, more specifically, various aspects of spline and polynomial interpolation, shape-preserving approximation, Markov- and Landau-Kolmogorov-type inequalities between derivatives (which are, in short, the problems of numerical differentiation). His current research topics are Karlin's conjecture, Zolotarev polynomials and exact constants in the Jackson-Stechkin-type inequalities.
- S. Foucart, Y. Kryakin, A. Shadrin, On the exact constant in the Jackson-Stechkin inequality for the uniform metric, Constr. Approx. 29 (2009), 157-179.
- A. Shadrin, Twelve proofs of the Markov inequality, in: Approximation Theory: a volume dedicated to Borislav Bojanov, Prof. Drinov Acad. Publ. House, Sofia, 2004, 233-298.
- K. Kopotun, A. Shadrin, On k-monotone approximation by free-knot splines, SIAM J. Math. Anal. 34 (2003), 901-924.
- A. Yu. Shadrin, The L∞-norm of the L2-spline projector is bounded independently of the knot-sequence: a proof of de Boor's conjecture, Acta Math. 187 (2001), 59-137.
- K. Scherer, A. Shadrin, New upper bound for the B-spline basis condition number. II. A proof of de Boor's 2^k-conjecture, J. Approx. Theory 99 (1999), 217-229.
- A. Shadrin, Error bounds for Lagrange interpolation, J. Approx. Theory 80 (1995), 25-49.