Mr Adrien Lefauve
- 2014 - date: PhD candidate, DAMTP, University of Cambridge
- 2013 - 2014: MSc Fluid Mechanics, Ecole Polytechnique, France
- 2008 - 2013: MSc Mechanical Engineering, Université de Technologie de Compiègne, France
Adrien is a member of the Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics. He is part of the Environmental and Industrial Fluid Dynamics research group and works in the G. K. Batchelor Laboratory. His current research focuses on the stratified shear flows taking place in an inclined duct connecting two reservoirs containing fluids at different densities. He is mainly interested in elucidating the stability, nonlinear waves, turbulent transition and mixing of such flows.
- A. Lefauve, C. Muller, A. Melet. A three-dimensional map of tidal dissipation over abyssal hills. Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, 120, doi:10.1002/2014JC010598 (2015). [pdf]
- A. Lefauve, D. Saintillan. Globally aligned states and hydrodynamic traffic jams in confined suspensions of active asymmetric particles. Physical Review E: Rapid Communications, 89 021002 (2014). [pdf]