Dr David Stuart
- 1990-1991 Post-doctoral researcher at MSRI, Berkeley, California.
- 1991-1997 Assistant Professor, University of California at Davis.
- 1997-1999 Associate Professor, University of California at Davis.
- 1999-2005 Lecturer in University of Cambridge
- 1999-present Fellow of St John's College Cambridge
- 2005-present Reader in University of Cambridge
David Stuart's esearch is mainly directed towards the mathematical analysis of solitons in nonlinear classical field theories (such as Yang-Mills and Einstein equations), and related problems in nonlinear analysis.
- Buslaev, V. S. ; Komech, A. I. ; Kopylova, E. A. ; Stuart, D. On asymptotic stability of solitary waves in Schrödinger equation coupled to nonlinear oscillator. Comm. Partial Differential Equations 33 (2008), no. 4-6, 669--705.
- Stuart, David M. A. Analysis of the adiabatic limit for solitons in classical field theory. Proc. R. Soc. Lond. Ser. A Math. Phys. Eng. Sci. 463 (2007), no. 2087, 2753--2781.
- Demoulini, Sophia ; Stuart, David M. A. Existence and regularity for generalised harmonic maps associated to a nonlocal polyconvex energy of Skyrme type. Calc. Var. Partial Differential Equations 30 (2007), no. 4, 523--546.
- Stuart, David M. A. The geodesic hypothesis and non-topological solitons on pseudo-Riemannian manifolds. Ann. Sci. École Norm. Sup. (4) 37 (2004), no. 2, 312--362.
- Stuart, David M. A. Geodesics and the Einstein nonlinear wave system. J. Math. Pures Appl. (9) 83 (2004), no. 5, 541--587.
- Demoulini, Sophia ; Stuart, David M. A. ; Tzavaras, Athanasios E. A variational approximation scheme for three-dimensional elastodynamics with polyconvex energy. Arch. Ration. Mech. Anal. 157 (2001), no. 4, 325--344.
- Stuart, David M. A. Modulational approach to stability of non-topological solitons in semilinear wave equations. J. Math. Pures Appl. (9) 80 (2001), no. 1, 51--83.