Dr Hayder Salman
- 2007-present: Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Cambridge
- 2003-2007: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- 2002-2003: Postdoctoral Research Associate, MIT
- 2001-2002: Postdoctoral Research Associate, Brown University
Hayder Salman is a member of the Quantum Fluids group in DAMTP. He is an applied mathematician whose primary research interests are in nonlinear waves, non-equilibrium statistical mechanics, and turbulence with applications to Bose-Einstein condensates and superfluids. His other research interests include chaotic advection with applications to transport and mixing, and stochastic dynamic prediction.
H. Salman and N.G. Berloff. Condensation of classical nonlinear waves in a two-component, Physica D (2009).
H. Salman. Hybrid Grid/Particle Filter for Lagrangian Data Assimilation. Part I: Formulating the passive scalar approximation, Q. J. Roy. Meteor. Soc. 134, 1539-1550, (2008).
H. Salman. A Hybrid Grid/Particle Filter for Lagrangian Data Assimilation. Part II: Application to a model vortex flow, Q. J. Roy. Meteor. Soc. 134, 1551-1565, (2008).
H. Salman, K. Ide, C.K.R.T. Jones. Using Flow Geometry for Drifter Deployment in Lagrangian Data Assimilation, Tellus A. 60, 336-347, (2008).
H. Salman and P.H. Haynes. A Numerical Study of Passive Scalar Evolution in Peripheral Regions, Phys. Fluids. 19, 067101 1-20, (2007).
H. Salman, J.S. Hesthaven, T. Warburton, G. Haller. Predicting Transport by Lagrangian Coherent Structures with a High Order Method, Theor. Comp. Fluid Dyn. 21, 39-58, (2007).
- L. Kuznetsov, C.K.R.T. Jones, K. Ide. A Method for Assimilating Lagrangian Data into a Shallow-Water Equation Ocean Model. Mon. Weather Rev. 134, 1081-1101, (2006).
- H. Salman, M. Soteriou. Lagrangian simulation of evaporating droplet sprays, Phys. Fluids. 16, 4601-4622, (2004).
- H. Salman, G.J. Page, J.J. McGuirk. Prediction of lobed mixer vortical structures with a k-epsilon turbulence model, AIAA Journal. 41, 878-887, (2003).