Dr Lorna Ayton
- 2014-date: Junior Research Fellow, Sidney Sussex College
- 2013-2014: Teaching By-Fellow, Churchill College
- 2011-2014: PhD, University of Cambridge
- 2010-2011: Part III Maths, University of Cambridge
- 2007-2010: BA Maths, University of Cambridge
Lorna is a member of the Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics in the Waves research group, where she focuses on asymptotic approximations for high-frequency sound generated by solid bodies in unsteady subsonic flows. Currently her work concentrates on applications to rotor-stator interaction inside aeroengines.
Ayton, L. J. & Peake, N. On high-frequency sound generated by gust-aerofoil interaction in shear flow. Journal of Fluid Mechanics 766, 297--325, 2015.
Ayton, L. J. & Peake, N. On high-frequency noise scattering by aerofoils in flow. Journal of Fluid Mechanics 734, 144–182, 2013.