Dr Qi Zhou
- 2015-present: Research Associate, DAMTP, University of Cambridge.
- 2010-2015: MS/PhD, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Cornell University.
- 2009-2010: MS, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Stanford University.
Qi is a member of the Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics. His current research interests are stratified turbulence and internal gravity waves. He is a member of the research team investigating the Mathematical Underpinnings of Stratified Turbulence (MUST).
- Zhou, Q. and Diamessis, P.J. (2016). Surface manifestation of internal waves emitted by submerged localized stratified turbulence. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 798, 505-539.
- Watanabe, T., Riley, J.J., de Bruyn Kops, S.M., Diamessis, P.J. and Zhou, Q. (2016). Turbulent/non-turbulent interfaces in wakes in stably stratified fluids. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 797, R1.
- Zhou, Q. and Diamessis, P.J. (2015). Lagrangian flows within reflecting internal waves at a horizontal free-slip surface. Physics of Fluids, 27(12), 126601.
- Zhou, Q. and Diamessis, P.J. (2013). Reflection of an internal gravity wave beam off a horizontal free-slip surface. Physics of Fluids, 25(3), 036601.
- Cheng, N.S., Zhou, Q., Tan, S.K. and Zhao, K.F. (2011). Application of incomplete similarity theory for estimating maximum shear layer thickness of granular flows in rotating drums. Chemical Engineering Science, 66(12), 2872-2878.
- Zhou, Q. and Cheng, N.S. (2009). Experimental investigation of single particle settling in turbulence generated by oscillating grid. Chemical Engineering Journal, 149(1-3), 289-300.