Dr Stephen Eglen
- 1997-2000 Wellcome Trust Fellow in Mathematical Biology, Edinburgh
- 2000-2001 Lecturer, School of Informatics, Edinburgh
- 2001-2004 Wellcome Trust Travelling Fellowship, St Louis and Edinburgh
- 2004-2006 Lecturer, DAMTP
- 2006-2015 Senior Lecturer, DAMTP
- 2015- Reader. DAMTP
Stephen Eglen is a computational neuroscientist: he uses computational methods to study the development of the nervous system, using mostly the retina and other parts of the visual pathway as a model system. He is particularly interested in questions of structural and functional development:
Structural development: how do retinal neurons acquire their positional information within a circuit?
Functional development: what are the mechanisms by which neurons make contact with each other, to perform functioning circuits?
Please see my publications page