Ms. Sargam M. Mulay
- 2014-Present : PhD student, DAMTP, University of Cambridge, UK
- 2010-2012 : Master of Science (Physics), University of Pune, India
- 2007-2010 : Bachelor of Science (Physics), University of Pune, India
I am a member of the Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics (DAMTP) - Atomic Astrophysics research group. I am working with Dr. Helen Mason (supervisor) and Dr. Giulio Del Zanna (advisor). My research interests are observational X-ray and UV spectroscopy, Solar radio physics, Magnetic Reconnection, Coronal Heating and Jets in the Solar atmosphere.
My research is focused on the 'physics of jets' observed in the solar atmosphere. The aim of my research is to understand the initiation and acceleration mechanism of solar jets, their morphology and properties in different layers of solar atmosphere using multiwavelength imaging and spectroscopic observations from the space-based telescopes. I am studying jets in great details using high spatial and temporal resolution data from SDO, Hinode, RHESSI and WIND satellites and comparing results with theoretical models.
1) Mulay, S. M., Del Zanna, G., Mason, H., Cool and hot emission in a recurring active region jet, 2017, submitted to A&A.
2) Mulay, S. M., Del Zanna, G., Mason, H., AIA-EIS-XRT Observations of a Recurring Active Region Jet, 2017, A&A, 598, 11
3) Dudík, J., Polito, V., Janvier, M., Mulay, S. M. et al., Slipping Magnetic Reconnection, Chromospheric Evaporation, Implosion, and Precursor in the 2014 September 10 X1.6-Class Solar Flare, 2016, ApJ, 823, 41
34 Mulay, S. M., Tripathi, D., Del Zanna, G., Mason, H., Multiwavelength study of twenty jets emanating from the periphery of active regions, 2016, A&A, 589, 79
5) Chandra, R., Gupta, G., Mulay, S. M. et al., Sunspot Waves and Triggering of Homologous Active Region Jets, 2014, MNRAS, 446, 3741
6) Mulay, S. M., Subramanian, S. et al., Initiation of Coronal Mass Ejection Event Observed on 2010 November 3: Multi-wavelength Perspective, 2014, ApJ, 794, 78
7) Ramesh, R., Kishore, P., Mulay, S.M. et al., Low-Frequency Observations Of Drifting, Non-Thermal Continuum Radio Emission Associated With The Solar Coronal Mass Ejections, 2013, ApJ, 778, 30