Professor S. Tavaré
- 2011 - FRS
- 2009 - FMedSci
- 2006 - present Senior Group Leader, CRUK Cambridge Research Institute
- 2003 - present Professor, DAMTP
- 2003 - present Professor of Cancer Research (Bioinformatics), Department of Oncology
- 1999 - 2006 Professor, Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Southern California
- 1989 - 2006 Professor, Departments of Mathematics and Biological Sciences, University of Southern California
- 1984 - 1989 Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics, University of Utah
- 1981 - 1985 Assistant & Associate Professor, Department of Statistics, Colorado State University
- 1978 - 1981 Instructor, Department of Mathematics, University of Utah
Statistics and computational biology, with particular emphasis on statistical inference in molecular biology, human genetics, population genetics, molecular evolution, evolutionary cancer genomics. Microarray and second-generation sequencing analysis. Fly tracking. Stochastic computation. Probabilistic combinatorics.
- Cairns J, Spyrou S, Stark R, Smith ML, Lynch AG & Tavaré S. BayesPeak - An R package for analysing ChIP-seq data. Bioinformatics, 27, 713–714, 2011.
- Wilkinson RD, Steiper M, Soligo C, Martin R, Yang Z & Tavaré S. Dating primate divergences through an integrated analysis of palaeontological and molecular data. Systematic Biology, 60, 16–31, 2011.
- Ivakhno S, Royce T, Cox AJ, Evers D, Cheetham KR & Tavaré S. CNAseg – a novel framework for identification of copy number changes in cancer from second-generation sequencing data. Bioinformatics, 26, 3051–3058, 2010.
- Siegmund KD, Marjoram P, Woo Y-J, Tavaré S & Shibata D. Inferring clonal expansion and cancer stem cell dynamics from DNA methylation patterns in colorectal cancers. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA, 106, 4828–4833, 2009.
- Grover D, Tower J & Tavaré S. O fly, where art thou? J. R. Soc. Interface, 5: 1181–1191, 2008.
- Dunning MJ, Smith ML, Ritchie ME & Tavaré S. beadarray: R classes and methods for Illumina bead-based data. Bioinformatics, 23, 2183–2184, 2007.
- Arratia R, Barbour AD & Tavaré S. Logarithmic Combinatorial Structures: A Probabilistic Approach. EMS Monographs in Mathematics, 1, 2003. European Mathematical Society Publishing House, Zuerich.
- Marjoram P, Molitor J, Plagnol V & Tavaré S. Markov chain Monte Carlo without likelihoods. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 100, 15324–15328, 2003.